- Adjustable seats for comfort – padded, armrests, back support. Swivel seats aid transfers.
- Flip-up armrests and footrests for access. Provide open space when not in use.
- Storage racks/baskets for carrying items. Below the seat or on the back.
- Charging systems – on-board or separate units. Need space for access and ventilation.
- Adjustable tiller controls speed, brakes, lights, turn signals, horn, etc.
Used by those with mobility impairments to travel for social/leisure activities, shopping, appointments, short journeys, etc. Increase independence and reduce reliance on caregivers for transport.